Share your story

Описание

Scams stories, tips to spot scammers, online correspondence with Russian women

i am confused please help me!

So early ja uary i received an email from a girl saying she is looking to make friends. months go by and we have emailed say 10 times numerous voice calls and she works as a baby sitter in london then all of a sudden she has to goto Russia as her mum is poorly. Her mother signs the deeds to her apartment over to her and now with that she has got her mothers debts for bills unpaid. She tell me that now the bailiff man will not let her leave the country. i check this and it all sounds legit. She has never asked me for any money i told her that if she can borrow the money from her job in the U.K i would help her pay it back when she gets back to the U.K.

Restaurant bill scams in Ukraine

Vlady matched with me on an app called Happn and quickly asked my number. Strangely, after we started talking on WhatsApp the match disappeared.

She invited me to meet for diner and even offered to bring a friend as I was with a friend. They were very specific on the location: Roasteria at Bunina Street. The bill was astronomically high for Ukraine standards (9600UAH). They then invited us to a bar also very pricey (FUME): 5000 for a few drinks. The night ended on karaoke, another 12000.

Scammer tricks and strategies

I met a russian lady online.  She insists on visiting me in Canada, asks me to send her money for a visa plus flight ticket.  The visa center in Moscow denies the visa unless she can show proof of US$ 4500 in her account.  She begs me to borrow her the money and swears she will send it right back. So I send her money and she gets the visa.  Upon checking in at the airport she is denied boarding and departure from Russia because it turns out she owes money for her apartment that she bought.  She asks me for another $ 16 000...which of course I never pay. She promises to send my $4500 back but her bank refuses the transfer saying she owes to the bank.  End of story I am out $ 4500 plus $ 1400 for the ticket and she disappears.